Nonprofit Financial Aid Programs for Living Donors
If you have costs that aren’t covered, talk with your living donor team about which of these programs might work for you. Programs and who can use them may change over time. If we’ve missed a program, please let us know and we will add it to this list.
American Kidney Fund
- Maximum grant is $100 per year for donors, up to 5 years after donation.
American Living Organ Donor Fund
- Offers donor grants to help with costs.
American Organ Transplant Association
- Might pay for a bus ticket if the donor is related to the recipient.
American Transplant Foundation
- Offers donor grants through a few transplant centers.
Georgia Transplant Foundation
- Offers donor grants if either the donor or recipient lives in Georgia.
Heal With Love Foundation
- Offers donor grants if both donor and recipient are within income guidelines.
Iowa Anatomical Gift Public Awareness and Transplantation Fund
- Offers donor grants up to $1000 if donor lives in Iowa.
Living Organ Donor Network
- Offers limited life and disability insurance to living donors at certain transplant centers.
Missouri Kidney Program
- Offers donor grants up to $1000 to cover living expenses if donor lives in Missouri and donates at a transplant program contracted with the program. Applications are through the transplant program social worker.
Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation grants program
- Provides vouchers for flights to some transplant centers.
TRIO – Transplant Recipients International Organization
- Offers United Airlines tickets using donated miles.